Nice post over on Seth Godin’s site: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2005/09/open_big.html
We all crave instant success but, in reality, lasting success usually takes time, and you don’t need a big budget to start small. Seth’s tips:
- Make something worth making.
- Sell something worth talking about.
- Believe in what you do because you may have to do it for a long time before it catches on.
- Don’t listen to the first people who give you feedback.
- Don’t give up. Not for a while, anyway.
So, if you don’t have the funds to plant a piece of dynamite and start an avalanche, start with a snowball and keep pushing it down that hill, eventually momentum will take over…